Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I planted a black walnut tree in 2015. Tree has nuts on it rhis year. These are suppose to be easy cracking nut, we shall see.

·
Super Moderator
8,630 Posts
Many of the leaflets, what i call them, within the leaves are turning yellow and falling. The nuts are still hanging on.

·
Registered
454 Posts
We have a couple regular walnut trees, but no black ones. Ours usually bears walnuts every other year. We leave them in the drive way and run over them for a few months
before we crack them with a hammer. Glad to hear from you Steve. Hope you are doing better.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have a couple regular walnut trees, but no black ones. Ours usually bears walnuts every other year. We leave them in the drive way and run over them for a few months
before we crack them with a hammer. Glad to hear from you Steve. Hope you are doing better.
I leave my in the driveway also to get the hulls of of them. Then I have a cracker I use on them

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many of the leaflets, what i call them, within the leaves are turning yellow and falling. The nuts are still hanging on.
Mine aren't falling yet. Leaves are first starting to change. They should start dropping falling in Oct.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Black walnuts are really tough to crack. At least the ones in my neighbourhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Our nuts are hard to crack, so I"m trying a new nut that is suppose to crack easier

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the walnuts don't crack any easier, but the meat comes out better and in bigger pieces. Glad for the walnuts as the pecans didn't do anything.
Also finally got this computer working right

1 - 9 of 9 Posts