Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how come hoses blow at 9pm, and it's not the easy to get to ones. but rather the ones that they build into the center of a piece of equipment.

replacing a hose on my woods 6500 hoe last night and will hopefully get one re made today.. :)

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
soundguy said:
how come hoses blow at 9pm, and it's not the easy to get to ones. but rather the ones that they build into the center of a piece of equipment.

replacing a hose on my woods 6500 hoe last night and will hopefully get one re made today.. :)
They blow at that time Chris because you are out working at that time . Been missing reading your post ,how you doing ? Have you got the hose repaired yet?

·
Administrator
3,964 Posts
Time of day has no relevance. You just have to be trying to get something done, with not a lot of time to spare. ;)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup.

luckilly it was a cheap hose. got it made at lunch and it's already reinstalled and tested. still have to put the housing and plastic cowling back on the hoe.. but that's just busy work...

G

·
0 Posts
I could have made a road trip to fix that hose but Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo you went elsewhere :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i figured with the drive and all that it might not get done at lunch ;)

oddly enough.. what took 1.5 hours to remove ( .5 hrs for plastic and metal cowling to come off, and 1 hr to remove hose ).. took 2 minutes to put hose back on at lunch. didn't put cowl on.. but it' like 8 bolts.. and now they are not rusty.. as I soaked them in some kano oil that a real good friend sent me. ;)

G

·
0 Posts
soundguy said:
i figured with the drive and all that it might not get done at lunch ;)

oddly enough.. what took 1.5 hours to remove ( .5 hrs for plastic and metal cowling to come off, and 1 hr to remove hose ).. took 2 minutes to put hose back on at lunch. didn't put cowl on.. but it' like 8 bolts.. and now they are not rusty.. as I soaked them in some kano oil that a real good friend sent me. ;)
Maybe ya shoulda had him fix your hose :lol:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
can't wait to get home and get the lil flatbed trailer ready to load the 850 TLB and then tomorrow after work go dig some shrubs and partof a fence line to be cleared with the backhoe.

soundguy

G

·
0 Posts
soundguy said:
can't wait to get home and get the lil flatbed trailer ready to load the 850 TLB and then tomorrow after work go dig some shrubs and partof a fence line to be cleared with the backhoe.

soundguy
Cool. Don't know we've ever seen your backhoe???? Pics if ya can Sir :cool:

G

·
0 Posts
Not at all. Thats something we need for the new property. Its on the wish list.
Thanks for the picture Sir.
Wanted to go look at one at action last weekend. Was a woods for 50 -- 120 horse tractors. Thought it might be pushin the 861 on the edge so I passed.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my 6500 is for probably more like a 30hp / smaller tractor than my 850.. however.. with so much stress that a 3pt hoe puts out.. i thought that mounting it on a lil larger tractor wouldn't be bad. plus i fabbed up a bit of a under-frame to help support it at the axle trumpet fender rests.. and a fram atop the center housing using top bolts and some axle trumpet side bolts/. also beefed up the 3pt connection..

·
Registered
530 Posts
I like the small units you can get in some tight areas where a big hoe would be too hard to work. Glad to hear you beefed it up because all the 3pt's i've seen looked pretty flimsley. The one I had on my 841had a frame not a 3pt but pull 4 pins and a couple of quick disconnect hoses and you could pull the unit off in about 5 minutes and it took a little more time to line it up putting it back on so like 10 minutes to get it on. With the hoe off and part of the frame on you could still get the use of the 3pt which was a nice option.

Kirk

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
on mine, i can remove it but it takes a few minutes.. gotta pull 2 brackets at the fender bolt area other than that the beefed up toplink connection is a 'pion thru' design so it hits the tractor toplink rocker and the top subframe with a large bolt now. 3pt arms are of course used plus 2 box channel bars that run under for sway and rigidity. not perfect by any means.. but way better than simply using 3pt setup.

will try to get some pics this evening of her in use.

·
Administrator
3,964 Posts
I remember that. Nice little hoe. :D You posted when you got it and making the outrigger blocks.
Looks good on the tractor. First "one-armed backhoe" I've ever seen. ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts