Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was just brought to my attention by my wife of 5 years that days before I met her, she had put her immaculate 1965 Farmall Cub and many implements on the curb for the taking. Apparently, the generator had failed and instead of getting it repaired, she gave it all away to some lucky person who loaded it into his truck and disappeared into the night. I was thinking of filing for divorce when I heard this, but she recently drove with me many miles to pick up my 1948 C and encourages my restoration project. I guess I will have to keep her around for a while.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I had one slip through my hands too (1940's Centaur)....it is a bummer but there's always a ray of sunshine when the right one comes along.

·
Super Moderator
1,632 Posts
Rescue1 said:
It was just brought to my attention by my wife of 5 years that days before I met her, she had put her immaculate 1965 Farmall Cub and many implements on the curb for the taking. Apparently, the generator had failed and instead of getting it repaired, she gave it all away to some lucky person who loaded it into his truck and disappeared into the night. I was thinking of filing for divorce when I heard this, but she recently drove with me many miles to pick up my 1948 C and encourages my restoration project. I guess I will have to keep her around for a while.
Oh dear what a fauxpas, but I think you're doing the right thing by forgiving her.
;) :D

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I wonder how many has been given away like this just sit out for the taken.I have got some old trucks like this back in the 60s & 70s..

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Well, it seemed as though as she has seen the error of her ways and is paying reparations for her transgression....so she sounds like a keeper. Innocently drive by a tractor graveyard on a Sunday drive and see if she calls it "junk" or " a shame"...... You may be soon changing your name to Rescue 2 or 3 or 4 or......

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Excellent response Wendell excellent! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts