Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They just issued a county wide burn ban. No open burning, no unpermitted fire works. If person doesn't comply and the fire dept has to respond. Person can be held liable for all cost and damages

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
Sounds Critical :!: Praying for relief for all God's creatures soon.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Wonder what everybodys gonna do for the 4th?????? I mean alot of towns shoot them off around here and its dry. I sure hope they have the fire departments close by :eek:

·
849 Posts
We have a ban on all burning, campfires, fireworks etc...right now. It doesn't address people flicking cigarettes in the ditches which caused two of the fires we had yesterday.

·
Administrator
3,957 Posts
Ernie there are always people who don't think about how hot and dry it is, because they're never out in it.
One dry year like this I saw a line of fire start along the interstate from the sparks from a semi tractor exhaust.
Watched it happen. The guy was about 3/4 of a mile ahead of me, and the sparks started flames in a mater of seconds.
I called the local F.D. from my cell phone.
Our county has also banned fires and fireworks, but that won't stop everybody. All the little towns around here that have
fireworks displays have cancelled them except Elizabethtown. They shoot theirs over Freeman lake.
There are always people in this neighborhood next to me that shoot fireworks into my field behind their houses.
I hope they have the common sense not to this year, but I'll be on a higher alert fire watch from today till next weekend just in case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts