Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Diane used the last of the canning lids today. Bought some in June and went to get more in July and the lids what they have were $10 for a box of 12. Canning jars with lids were not much more Looked today and there are none to be found . There is one more place I'm going to try. Hope the have some.

·
Registered
362 Posts
non-existent around here as well. I dont think the home
canning industry was prepared for this kind of up-surge
in the demand for canning supplies.

·
Administrator
4,107 Posts
About three weeks ago my brother was looking in all the big chain, farm, hardware, and grocery stores and couldn't find any.
I told him go look in the little country stores that have been in business since we were in high school.
He called me later that day and said "Man, you were right. They had the jars and lids that I needed."
Most folks don't think about shopping for supplies in the small stores.

·
Super Moderator
8,072 Posts
We had a decent supply of lids, rings, and jars earlier this year, have used alot, and are ok for now. I look anytime I go somewhere that stocks these items. I have found some on occasion and bought some over time. A friend that belongs to a Facebook group sent me some info a few weeks ago from Ball that demand for this stuff has been 152% above last year. The statement went on to.say that they were working hard to meet demand. I got some pint jars at the local hardware store about 2 weeks ago. They got a shipment they were not expecting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Diane used the last of the canning lids today. Bought some in June and went to get more in July and the lids what they have were $10 for a box of 12. Canning jars with lids were not much more Looked today and there are none to be found . There is one more place I'm going to try. Hope the have some.
Hi Steve, Check Amazon. I just came from their site and they have plenty for cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts