Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is alway on my case about getting rid of tractors and not spending any more money on buying tractors so this past week I traded my MF 202 with trans issues for a good running 8n, an 881 ran when parked, another 8n ran when parked, more like a parks tractor, with a step up sherman and all on the parts in the photo and more.
I am going to sell the loader of the 881 since I don't need another loader.
I didn't spend any money except the gas to go get them and I did get rid of a tractor so I can't understand why my wife is still not happy with me.

·
Administrator
4,283 Posts
I can't understand why she ain't happy. :?:
Looks like you came out with the better deal. :D ;)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
You did good on that deal.You came out way a head

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did get her to smile this morning after I told her that I have decided to sell all my tractors and just keep the three I need. The smile quickly disappeared when I said April fools.

Kirk

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the parts tractor running today. Runs real smooth too. Kind of surprised me. Didn't run it long, just long enought to hear it sounds good. It's a '48 8n that has a side mount dizzy. Will check out the 881 on friday

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
nice find.

one day i want an sos.

preferably i'll get it in a rowcrop.

heck.. might as well be a diesel too.. )

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
give one to the wife! make collecting a whole lot better. after I gave Tam her lil massey 20, now she likes goin to shows!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wizzard said:
give one to the wife! make collecting a whole lot better. after I gave Tam her lil massey 20, now she likes goin to shows!
She already has a '52 farmall cub

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
soundguy said:
nice find.

one day i want an sos.

preferably i'll get it in a rowcrop.

heck.. might as well be a diesel too.. )
I had a 671 before ran and shifted great. Other than change the SOS oil never did a thing to it. The PO told me he used to put it in a higher gearto get it going and than he could run thru the gears. we will see once we get the tractor running. I have an extra row crop and diesel, that might not be a bad idea.
Yup those are hub extenders. Funny thing is years ago I sold a set, than years later I got another RC that had the PA's but didn't have the ext hubs and I was wishing I hadn't sold them.
With all the parts and pieces and the tractors this is one of the better deals I've made

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Hijack alert! :lol: Either of you guys (soundguy/kirk) have the front rims for my 2N??

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't. I sold a pair of 2n 16" about a month ago Don't know what your guy is looking to do but another option instead of the 19" he can use a go with 16's and just change out the hubs off an 8n. might cost about the same and have a better ride and not tear up the lawn as much.

Kirk

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
it does look good.. all them parts.

on the sos.. you can shift on the fly.. and if an ORC style.. i can surely see it running thru the gears easilly.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
soundguy said:
DerickS said:
Hijack alert! :lol: Either of you guys (soundguy/kirk) have the front rims for my 2N??
not any i could spare.

ytmag sells them new (repop )
Expensive I would guess :(

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
soundguy said:
it does look good.. all them parts.

on the sos.. you can shift on the fly.. and if an ORC style.. i can surely see it running thru the gears easilly.
ORC, early style. It's a '59 and has been in for the factory recall.

Kirk

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
soundguy said:
if recalled.. did they put in a DDc system?
No the recall was just to repair the ORC trans. Than they restamped new numbers on the oposit side of the bellhousing. DDC (a much better)Trans came out later and in '64 or '65 they had an exchange program where you could exchnge your old ORC for a DDC for about $600. This '59 881 was not updated to a DDC.

Kirk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts