Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least for the next couple of weeks, it's gonna get real busy real quick here. I mowed a little hay late today to see if the old NH 467 is ready for this heavy hay crop. We'll be in the veggie gardens early in the day, and in hay fields the rest of the time as long as the dry weather holds.
Whether planting, cultivating, mowing, teddering, raking, baling, and hauling, the tractors and us are gonna get a workout :!: :eek: :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Good luck Jimmy! If your all's weather has been like ours up here - which it sounds like it has - then you have got your work cut out for you. Kayla and Dad and I have spent our Holiday weekend out in the fields and just have gotten in for a little break before work at 4 tommorow morning... hoping to get our tobacco in the ground next Saturday - the vegetables are set out and ready so for a week or so I think they should be alright barring any disasters :lol: This year we actually won't be doing hay even though it's looking as though it's the best year we've had for it... it's just hard to burn the fuel to do it when you don't have any cattle to feed it to - it just kind of sits while the goats get a bale here and there. Good luck Jimmy, we would love to see some pictures as yours are always good! Make sure to get a moment to take a few.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
I know what you mean Jim. The weather has everybody behind. I always like to be done setting by the 21st of may but aint going to make that this year. Looks like its going to go from cool to hot again this year to.

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got about 8 acres on the ground between yesterday and today. I had one breakdown before starting, and another about a half hour after starting mowing. I attempted to fix something that would cause trouble before I started, and it did not work out. Ennyway, it was all teddered today too and we planted a little more stuff. This hay had none to a little fertilizer applied in the spring. The heavy stuff comes next, then more that was not fertilized. Hope the baler and rake are ready :!:
Also, I am finally beginning to put one of our vehicles back together. Formerly my mom's car, its timing belt broke several weeks ago. We finally figured out how to time it, and I am trying to spend a little time with it each day. I am having to re-learn how it goes back together.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Jim sound like you are too busy but know you and JoAnn
will soon have everything all caught and be taking those good
vegs to market. I know got to get that hay up first. :roll: :roll:

·
Administrator
4,284 Posts
I know the feelin' Jimmy, I started yesterday and got nine acres on the ground. Twelve more to go today. My brother is
gonna come and run the tedder while I cut today, so we can get it done before the rain returns Friday. Seems I'm moving
in seven different directions at once. I'll be ready for a day off the next rainny day. ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We baled and hauled the first cutting today. I put about 4 more acres on the ground, but it will produce at least twice the hay we hauled today. Hopefully we're gonna bale the pasture at mom's tomorrow. It has thin and thick spots. after that, the fun really begins. Got two loads to stack in the morning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts