Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was tinkering with the carb and realized that i had to have the choke out to some degree for the B to run right, So i went to trying to cut down on the choke and increase the fuel through the idle screw. to my suprize no matter which way i turned the idle screw it changed nothing so i screwed it all the way in, still no change and it was still running at idle, so i started adjusting the main jet screw and it started changing the fuel to air mixture till i could take the choke all the way off and it would idle correct. So i am running it with the idle screw all the way in and it idles fine, then i throttle up and it throttles up fine and i run it like that down the road no issues. I know this isn't right and was wondering if anyone had some trouble shooting possibilities that i could try to fix it. I did take this carb all the way apart i cleaned all the ports and soaked it in carb cleaner over night and blew all the small openings out. from the main jet ports on the center stem to the idle jet ports on the side of the flume. i replaced the seat and valve for the intake of the carb and checked the float for leaks and cracks. put a new gasket in it and put it on the tractor. any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,508 Posts
Some carbies are strange animals,as long as yours is doing what it's supposed to do, I wouldn't be concerned that you can't adjust it by the book.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you are probably right John i am going to take it apart again tomorrow. and actually install a second carb i got off my parts tractor to see if it is any cleaner, lol. and redo the first one if it works right.

·
Super Moderator
7,868 Posts
Look at your low and high speed jets very closely. One clogged orifice will drastically change carb performance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts