Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did my first career day in almost 10 years today for my little ones school, the 4th and 5th graders got to sit in for about 25 minutes and listen to me talk and then ask me questions. Its funny that 3 years into my career I did it and now 10 years later I did it and boy did some of my answers change! :lol: All in all it was a good day with only a few knucklehead questions :shock: , most were very serious about it. I brought in some tools of the trade and a few awards I recieved and we talked education and how it continues throughout my career. I visited both my girls classrooms to surpise them and talked to their classmates, it was a good day to take off and get some perspective :D

·
Registered
906 Posts
Our "politics" change as we age. Changes the answers to a lot of questions.
Congratulations, on holding a "career" day. Hope the students enjoyed it as much as you did!

·
Super Moderator
7,855 Posts
It's good for them to see at a young age a real law enforcement officer and understand his or her role in society. When I was growing up, three of the most respected members of society were law enforcement folks, teachers, and farmers. Now, folks in those occupations receive much more criticism than praise.
Police brutality, not teaching and controlling kids, and poisioning the environment come to mind. :roll:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jim in NC said:
It's good for them to see at a young age a real law enforcement officer and understand his or her role in society. When I was growing up, three of the most respected members of society were law enforcement folks, teachers, and farmers. Now, folks in those occupations receive much more criticism than praise.
Police brutality, not teaching and controlling kids, and poisioning the environment come to mind. :roll:
See Jim I think perception is reality too...if I'm the first contact they have and its a positive one it goes a looong way. As for the other stuff.....for the thousands who work their tails off in those professions doing the best they can and living right the bad apples always get the attention. :( I had a good day with the kids and met waaay more of them than I was expecting, it was a great experience for us all

1 - 4 of 4 Posts