Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Looks like those are working or ready to work or pull. Good to see a group of tractors well done without being over done with the extra shiny automotive paint.

·
Administrator
4,312 Posts
Like John said, those look like they get cleaned up to go to town for a visit,
but still earn their keep helping out on the farm. My kindda tractors. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All those were about to be used in a tractor pull that was being set up behind me. I didn't stay long enough to see who won, I ran out of time.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
I'd have to put my money on that GB, that looks like a brute.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
CDNCockshutt99,
Great shots of nice tractors ready to do some pulling.
Regards,
Chris

·
Super Moderator
8,492 Posts
Thanks for the pics! It definitely would have been a fun pull to watch :!: ;)

·
Registered
165 Posts
The wheel weights on that Massey-Harris :eek:

And to think people are aghast at the ones on my Allis :lol:

·
Registered
926 Posts
I wish i knew how many hours i have spent on UTS Minnies like the one up top. Only differences were they were on LPG and had a pan type seat. Also spent a lot of hours on GB's like the one pictured. Lot of the time pulling either a Krause one way or Moline field cultivator with 12 inch sweeps. Thanks for the fotos

G

·
Gary said:

Typical Massey,to much power and not enough tire and weight to go with it. My 44 has fluid in the back tires and it still needs more weight to be added and a bunch on the front end to keep it on the ground.

·
Registered
926 Posts
masseymechanic said:
Gary said:

Typical Massey,to much power and not enough tire and weight to go with it. My 44 has fluid in the back tires and it still needs more weight to be added and a bunch on the front end to keep it on the ground.
Most of those tractors built back then did need more weight up front. Especially in tighter gummier type soils

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Before power steering being able to remove the front weights was advantageous I have seen barrel setups fill when weight is needed and drain to ease steering.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts