Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone please tell me where to locate on the tractor to put in the hydraulic fluid?! I know where to put hydraulic for the backhoe, but not the tractor for the loader which had a seeping hydraulic around the ring on the cylinder for the loader. It look more returning 8 starters until I finally found the starter for the Case 210B and that took over a year. Yeah, it started and I could not raise the bucket so I have not been able to move the case and I found some manuals but it was more where parts are. I found tonight some OPT manuals for the case which I intend to purchase but in the meantime could someone tell me where to put the hydraulic fluid in so I can lift the bucket.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, my name is Jim, I have a 1958 210B with a model 31 front loader. The frame or structure of the front end loader on mine is the oil reservoir & there are 1" or 1-1/4" pipe plugs about 3/4 of the way on the sides where the lift cylinders mount, that's where you add the hydraulic oil for the front. loader. I can send you a picture if you would like? Hope this helps..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, my name is Jim, I have a 1958 210B with a model 31 front loader. The frame or structure of the front end loader on mine is the oil reservoir & there are 1" or 1-1/4" pipe plugs about 3/4 of the way on the sides where the lift cylinders mount, that's where you add the hydraulic oil for the front. loader. I can send you a picture if you would like? Hope this helps..
Yes, I would greatly appreciate a photograph. I am going to go check out that location, THANK YOU I have asked so many people with tractors and none of them know anything THANK YOU

·
Administrator
4,805 Posts
TractorData.com J.I. Case 210-B tractor information
They didn't make but a very few of those in terms of production standards, and that was 63 years ago.
I would say there are very few left and since every tractor model is a little different is unfortunately why you're having trouble finding anyone who knows for sure. I'm glad Mr. Jim has one and could answer your question.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could you send a photograph. I could greatly appreciate it. I looked and only saw something with a nipple on it which I would think that is for a grease gun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here are 5 pics, I hope this helps you. I showed a few pics of mine in order to show the model 31 frame & Hyd pump & filter location. If your loader is a different model, the only thing I would suggest is to trace your return line and see where it goes. Let me know if you need any other info on your 59 case. I have a few books that the fella gave to me when I bought mine. I hope it's ok to send these pics? I made them small as I could.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Farm Manuals Fast - Operator's, Service, and Parts Manuals

848 N. Rainbow Blvd. #4286 | Las Vegas, Nevada 89107 | United States of America ...
You want the "operator" manual. The "service" manual tells you in great detail and diagrams and schematics to remove and rebuild all the parts on the Case 210B. I purchased the service manual and it does not tell you where to put in the hydraulic fluid. These manuals are great and very affordable. Jen Sales are very very expensive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jim I thank you - words are inadequate to thank you for the pictures and your quick replies. Please accept my apologizes for the delay in my response because I have been ill and went to the ER and I am sorry for not thanking you sooner.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No apologies necessary! Hope you're feeling better! I was in the ER a few months ago myself, not my favorite place.. :) I hope the link was correct and helped you find out where you add the hyd oil? On my tractor the two plugs circled in the pic are trans fluid only.I don't know if you looked at this link? If not, check it out..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No apologies necessary! Hope you're feeling better! I was in the ER a few months ago myself, not my favorite place.. :) I hope the link was correct and helped you find out where you add the hyd oil? On my tractor the two plugs circled in the pic are trans fluid only.I don't know if you looked at this link? If not, check it out..

Wheel Tire Tractor Automotive tire Tread

I have this manual and the Parts Catalog for Case Model "22" LOADER WHEEL TRACTOR
I just purchased from FarmFastManuals the Operator's Manual which is sent to download. I am unable to copy page and paste it. Someone I went to school years ago is coming who is an excellent mechanic and I will keep you posted on what we figured out. The Operator's Manual showed the two places you circled - on the left is the dip stick gage and the right is the fill plug. I will try to get a good picture of where the hydraulic filter is and underneath the hydraulic filter is a fairly large square tin container. My friend is suppose to come tomorrow but it suppose to rain. He was suppose to come this last Tues or Wed and didn't.
Thank you everyone for your help. Jim you have been above and beyond helpful. Jodie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts