Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a CASE 611B-L with a leaky power steering cylinder, I have the CASE rebuild kit and manuals but the manual does not show how to get the cylinder apart, I have the retaining clip out and the cylinder removed from the valve but the rod will not come out. Without getting the rod out how do I replace the seal kit?
Thanks
Pictures as requested:

IMG_2274.JPG

IMG_2275.JPG

IMG_2278.JPG
Factory Service Manual
IMG_2279.JPG

Here it tells me the cylinder can not be disassembled, then how do you get the new cylinder kit installed?

cylinder.jpg

·
-Willy-
1,420 Posts
Pictures will help us know what you are working on. If we cant help you here, try contacting a hydraulic rebuild shop. They may have even worked on similar cylinders in the past.

Best help I can give you.

·
-Willy-
1,420 Posts
It should be mentioned. A poor man often doesnt replace items with OEM parts. Sometimes it is easier to replace hydraulic cylinders with "welded" cylinders. If you have a welded cylinder, these were never meant to be serviced. As I posted above, pictures will help alot in determining how to best help you with your quandary.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Just from what I see in your pictures, you have a factory welded cylinder. I ran into this on a Ford 3000 recently. It now has after market, serviceable cylinders, and they were a heck of a lot less expensive than Fords.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a CASE 611B-L with a leaky power steering cylinder, I have the CASE rebuild kit and manuals but the manual does not show how to get the cylinder apart, I have the retaining clip out and the cylinder removed from the valve but the rod will not come out. Without getting the rod out how do I replace the seal kit?
Thanks
Pictures as requested:

View attachment 4970

View attachment 4978

View attachment 4986
Factory Service Manual
View attachment 4994

Here it tells me the cylinder can not be disassembled, then how do you get the new cylinder kit installed?

View attachment 5002
I couldn't edit the post a second time:

I used a $1.99 pick set from Harbor Fright to pull the dust seal out, that a 20 minutes of work. Once the seal was out the spacer dropped out when I turned the cylinder upside down and worked it. Last was the o-ring, again with the pick set I hooked it and pulled it out in about 10 seconds of work. With TLC and STP everything was assembled the snap ring being the hardest item until I realized my snap ring tool could be converted to an 'innie' tool (squeeze the grip the nose goes in).
The worst leak was the spool assemblage ball stud end, it was pouring oil out and the new spool kit stopped that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts