Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Case model C. It's supposed to be a 1937 model. The tag is gone. Does anyone know if there is another place the number would be? Thanks

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Where are all you case guys . This guy needs an answer!!!!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
bettyp said:
Where are all you case guys . This guy needs an answer!!!!
Case moderator will be on and he is expert at the Case stuff and he will give you an answer.. :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
CASE923, welcome aboard! Make sure you drop down and introduce yourself in the "Around the Campfire" forum. As for your C the serial number should also be stamped in the bell housing flange I believe on the air cleaner side. Some were also known to have a raised block above the magneto at the head gasket seam with some numbers on it. Being a 1937 the serial number will be between C400001 and C4100671. If no numbers can be found I can also date your tractor using casting numbers of various parts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found the numbers on the block, they are CC 310420. Can you give me any information? Thanks Cathy

·
Registered
341 Posts
Cathy, you have a 1931 CC. C series numbers for 1931 are C300401 to C343497. When you bought a CC it often came with a standard front axle extra for non-rowcrop use. A CC came with a tricycle front end stock, and I see from the pictures you posted elsewhere it also had motor lift on it at one time which was the PTO powered lift mechanism for lifting cultivators or a planter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much! I would like to put the tag back on it, do you know where I could get one made? Thanks

·
Registered
341 Posts
Case923 said:
I forgot to ask, what kind of spark plug would you recommend. Thanks again! Cathy
Cathy, I use Autolite 3077 plugs in my C, early DC and crossmotor tractors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts