Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are my Case Stationary Engines
Case RE Engine This is the same as in the RC tractors.I found this one in Eastern Colorado

Case VAE/W 106 engine This is the VAC style engine. I believe this one was on a hay baler because the elbow is for a spark arrestor muffler.When used for a hay baler I believe they were called a W 106 Engine.This engine came from Twin Falls Idaho

Case SE Engine Same as SC tractors This one came from Kansas

Case LAE engine Same as LA tractor.This engine weighs as much as a non eagle hitch VAC tractor!!! This one came from North Carolina

Nick

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Nick,
Wow! Great collection. You have been busy! I had never thought much about Case stationary engines. Looks like you travel and seek these out for your collection? Do all of them run?
We had a little Allis B engine on a silo filler. That's the closest I have come to something like these.
You provided some nice pictures. The VAE reminds me so much of the VAC that I learned to drive on.
Regards,
Chris

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sugarmaker said:
Nick,
Wow! Great collection. You have been busy! I had never thought much about Case stationary engines. Looks like you travel and seek these out for your collection? Do all of them run?
We had a little Allis B engine on a silo filler. That's the closest I have come to something like these.
You provided some nice pictures. The VAE reminds me so much of the VAC that I learned to drive on.
Regards,
Chris
The LAE is the only engine I went out of my way for . The others were picked up while on trips for other items.
When I find a piece I really want I wait to pick it up until I find at least 2 other items in the same area.I don't like to travel very far for one item. I also hit the salvage yards in the area.
The VAE is loose and should run with little effort. I hope to mount the VAE and a Case hammermill on a Case running gear to grind feed with when I retire.
The SE is stuck I have filled the cylinders with oil.
The DE is stuck but the cylinders don't look too bad
The LAE was ran a few months before I got it.
The RC is loose but has not run in decades I think it may have been a combine engine.
I would like to have them all running but am happy just to have them.
Nick

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Nick,
Nice projects,
That would be a nice line up at a show!
Regards,
Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts