Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of years ago the store my son worked at had a entered a national contest for a produce display. He had seen pictures of a display caseman had done with Sampson at the Kroger in Lexington and really liked it so he suggested they do a tractor display for the contest. Here are a few pics of what they did.

Brandon (Single Tree Farm) is on the right

The last one is dad with his tractor.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
The theme was for (Idaho) Potatoes - if anybody was wondering... :lol: February is National Idaho Potato Lover's Month - which was the contest this display was entered in. It was a lot of fun, and the other employees/customers (young and old) loved it! There were some wanting to come out and watch us drive it out of the building... which was interesting to say the least, at 11:00 at night. Let me just add the the double doors to the store were 81" in width, with the hinges folded back... the VAC is 80" in width tip to tip on those axles... :eek:

*EDIT* Thank you again, Caseman, for the idea! Would not have been possible without seeing yours first!

2nd EDIT* Soundguy - there are two decals which can not be seen in these pictures that I know of - there is one on the valve cover (passenger) side, can't remember exactly what it says but it concerns keeping everything fastened tight (we will have to check) and there is another one on the back of the seat that says CASE - pretty well centered - we can try to get some pictures of them if you need reference.

G

·
0 Posts
Job well done guys. I remember seeing Casemans display. Also his video of how tight the clearance was getting it in and out of the store. Wish they'd do things like that around here.
Great post. By the way, how did it do in the contest??

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
We won the company-wide contest, and in the nationals we placed 6th on the top 100 honorable mentions after the 5 winners - it was a lot of fun, but worth all the more to see Grandpa as proud as he could be (while trying not to show it.) We had a blast with that display, and the lights really did show the paint in a very different way! It was surprising.

·
Registered
926 Posts
From what i've seen over the internet; the Case seem to stand out and are really noticable in these displays; for whatever reason some of the other makes don't seem to come through on the fotos as well as the flambeau

·
Super Moderator
7,861 Posts
I'll bet the Case cast a glow throughout the store. Looks great :!:

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the kind words. Brandon worked in the produce department their at the time and he would come home just about every day telling about older men coming through with there wives and would stop and say how they grew up on one just like it or there uncle or someone they worked for had one and then start telling stories about them. He had a lot of fun doing it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts