Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Case VA series tractors were built in many variations. There also were many changes over the lifespan of the series.
I will post more info on the different models as I get time.
The late model VAC's were called "New Improved Model VAC". They had different sheet metal, u-joint steering and came standard with 34" rear tires.
Here's an Introductory ad for "The New Improved VAC"

Here's a couple of pics from the Last VA series brochure.
The VAC-12 is the tricycle tractor at the bottom right of the page. The text for it is on the bottom picture in the lower left corner. These 2 pages are supposed to be side by side, but I could not scan both pages at the same time.

Here's 2 pics from the last VA series parts book showing the differences in the models

A late model VAI with eagle hitch

Case VAO-15 orchard and vineyard tractor introduced in 1953. This is the only VA series tractor recommended for vineyard use. This is a hard tractor to find.

Here are 2 pics from the early eagle hitch brochure. This style of VAC tractor were built from mid 1949 through mid 1951.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Nick,
Agreed, thanks for posting I know know that the tractor I learned to drive on was a model VA standard. The pictures sure help! Always thought it was a VAC, seems to be a close cousin.
Regards,
Chris

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Case VA series tractors were built in many variations. There also were many changes over the lifespan of the series.
I will post more info on the different models as I get time.
The late model VAC's were called "New Improved Model VAC". They had different sheet metal, u-joint steering and came standard with 34" rear tires.
Here's an Introductory ad for "The New Improved VAC"

Here's a couple of pics from the Last VA series brochure.
The VAC-12 is the tricycle tractor at the bottom right of the page. The text for it is on the bottom picture in the lower left corner. These 2 pages are supposed to be side by side, but I could not scan both pages at the same time.

Here's 2 pics from the last VA series parts book showing the differences in the models

A late model VAI with eagle hitch

Case VAO-15 orchard and vineyard tractor introduced in 1953. This is the only VA series tractor recommended for vineyard use. This is a hard tractor to find.

Here are 2 pics from the early eagle hitch brochure. This style of VAC tractor were built from mid 1949 through mid 1951.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi there from New Zealand.
I found a VAO orchard rusty away very badly. I looks like it might have had the fully inclosed tin work. Before I start getting serious is there anyway to confirm it was orchard?
Regards Tor.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Looks like to me, since the serial number Starts with VAO, it would lead me to believe it
was indeed an orchard tractor from the factory. I do not think that it would be anything else.
By the serial number, it is a 1949 model. Looks like you are going to need some sheet metal for it, but it does not look too bad underneath. It could be saved with some effort.
anyways, here it the tractor data sheet on it, which will give you a little more information.
TractorData.com J.I. Case VAO tractor information

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks like to me, since the serial number Starts with VAO, it would lead me to believe it
was indeed an orchard tractor from the factory. I do not think that it would be anything else.
By the serial number, it is a 1949 model. Looks like you are going to need some sheet metal for it, but it does not look too bad underneath. It could be saved with some effort.
anyways, here it the tractor data sheet on it, which will give you a little more information.
TractorData.com J.I. Case VAO tractor information
Thank you very much.
Yes it all seems to be there apart from the rusted tin work. Mag and carburettor look ok.
I’ll get it home and strip it back get the gerenral parts working the worry about tin work. If any one has a contract for wrecked parts ie new nose cone, bonnet ect I think we’ll attempt to make the rest.
Regards
Tor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts