Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
4,004 Posts
In my opinion it would depend on how easy the sheet metal is to find in your part of the world. The casting looks to be in good shape from your photos.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there. Unfortunately Tin work will be hard. Maybe import a new bonnet and nose come as in New Zealand very few VAO orchards arrived. This may be the only one left as know one I’ve spoken to had herd of one. Is there anyway to confirm from the serial No. it’s a 100% on orchard with the beautiful tin work? Before I get stuck in and find out it’s just a VAO tractor. No VAO 5367715

·
Administrator
4,004 Posts
The VA series serial numbers were not seperated by variant. Even though the plates were stamped with VAO, VAI, etc.
Link to serial number list and information. TractorData.com J.I. Case VAC tractor information
There were not a lot of orchard models made which makes the tin work that made it unique all but impossible to find.
As well as being removed and discarded once it started deterorating or was damaged.
I know of three VAO tractors, but none with complete tin work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info.
Even if it’s a bonnet and a nose we should be able to make the rest eventually. I’ll keep n eye out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts