Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a good day on Sat. past, with over 2 dozen outfits turning up. Great not to have anything to do with organising, and just enjoy the Crack :D :D Heres a link direct to the pics taken on the day, the wee Zetor performed well, so pretty chuffed.

http://www.countydowntractionengineclub ... ughingCHA/

It was a bright day but cold, and a heavy team of rain early morning, on top or recently applied slurry didn't make for easy going. £850 was raised for the Chest Heart and Stroke Association.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Great pictures, Thanks for posting them. I like seeing how things are done on the other side. You show that big yellow 4wd a MH, is it a Massey Harris?

....James

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jwal10 said:
Great pictures, Thanks for posting them. I like seeing how things are done on the other side. You show that big yellow 4wd a MH, is it a Massey Harris?

....James
James the yellow tractor is a Muir Hill, which used ford running gear, with a drop box sanwiched between the gearbox and rear end . the engine was mounted higher than usual to sit over the front axle, and the drive shaft was taken out of the front of the drop box, to drive the front axle. They were made more for industrial applications, but a good lot ended up with contractors as they had 6 cylinder engines fitted, and were more powerfull than anything offered by Ford themselves, The only competition here in the equal 4 WD was County Tractors, also ford based.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Thought it was too new for a Massey Harris and didn't look like any I had seen. The pictures are real small on my cell phone. Thank you for giving more info....James

·
Registered
484 Posts
Paddy thanks for the photos of your plough day,very like out here,you would have more of a mix of tractors than we might
have here,really enjoyed seeing the ploughing thanks. :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad you all enjoyrd the pics folks. we are now up to £930 so we might make the big note yet for the charity. :) :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts