Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
-Willy-
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our yellow american cat has fleas that just wont quit. We had been trying frontline, yet at $7 a pop it helped for about 5 days and then he was back to scratching.

Another board suggested that I use mouth wash. Didnt have to use alot. All we did was get a wash cloth damp with mouthwash and rub it into his fur. So far, knock on wood, those fleas dont bother Yoda at all.

Ok next trick is to get the cat liking the idea of smelling like mouthwash.

G

·
0 Posts
Grandpa always told me the best way to get rid of fleas was put the animal outside ;)

·
-Willy-
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Luke(MI) said:
Grandpa always told me the best way to get rid of fleas was put the animal outside ;)
Thats fine in summer, yet winters here in the northeast are a bit on the chilly side. Balmy 20 below with out windchill.

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Lovesthedrive said:
Our yellow american cat has fleas that just wont quit. We had been trying frontline, yet at $7 a pop it helped for about 5 days and then he was back to scratching.

Another board suggested that I use mouth wash. Didnt have to use alot. All we did was get a wash cloth damp with mouthwash and rub it into his fur. So far, knock on wood, those fleas dont bother Yoda at all.

Ok next trick is to get the cat liking the idea of smelling like mouthwash.
What kind of mouthwash do you use?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts