Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers license expired last year, been driving since illegally. Went to hwy dept today, lady said I have to take the written test AND ,driving test again!! Bad part is, I have to parallell park. Guess how many times Ive succesfully did that, ONE, when I took my driving test almost 30 years ago! Never a ticket, nor accident that was my fault, but I have to take all of this again??? Ludacris!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
well John not saying your one of them .but there a lot of drivers out there that should not have a permit .
thats young and old . so called profesional [truck drivers ] that should be banned from the roads .

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
I hate it for you John, but just be glad you caught it instead of an officer somewhere. :roll:

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jim in NC said:
I hate it for you John, but just be glad you caught it instead of an officer somewhere. :roll:
You know whats bad about that? I went through a license check Christmas Eve night, they were expired then, but he didnt say anything!!!

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to many irons said:
well John not saying your one of them .but there a lot of drivers out there that should not have a permit.
thats young and old . so called profesional [truck drivers ] that should be banned from the roads .
Yeah, I could see some people having to take it, heck I think some should have to take it every year, but with my driving record, or anyone else who has a spotless record, shouldnt have to go through all of this. Goi
ng to cost me 75 bucks to get my license back!!!!

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stephenscity said:
Sorry for your bad luck or good whichever way you want to look at it. Don't they notify you when it's due for renewal?
They use to, but not anymore. I guess they think if we dont renew it, they can milk us for 75 bucks!

·
Super Moderator
1,701 Posts
John M said:
Stephenscity said:
Sorry for your bad luck or good whichever way you want to look at it. Don't they notify you when it's due for renewal?
They use to, but not anymore. I guess they think if we dont renew it, they can milk us for 75 bucks!

The state can save money and make money at the same time that way. :x :x

·
Registered
270 Posts
Guy I knew in MT was driving on an expired license. On the way to work one morning about 4:30 a.m., his old heavy duty pickup was hit from behind at a stop sign by another old heavy duty pickup, without any real damage to either vehicle. The other driver was upset because he knew his license was expired. My friend said that his license was expired too - "so let's get out of here before the cops can get here".

When the MVD office opened that morning, they were both in line to get their license renewed!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Virginia has a new thing. License expires on your birthday, not the last day of your birth month. That was a big surprise for me. At least he didn't give me a ticket, just told me to get it renewed. There is no penalty if renewed within three months. :oops:

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Dick said:
Guy I knew in MT was driving on an expired license. On the way to work one morning about 4:30 a.m., his old heavy duty pickup was hit from behind at a stop sign by another old heavy duty pickup, without any real damage to either vehicle. The other driver was upset because he knew his license was expired. My friend said that his license was expired too - "so let's get out of here before the cops can get here".

When the MVD office opened that morning, they were both in line to get their license renewed!
That" almost Funny!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Administrator
3,962 Posts
bikerdave said:
Virginia has a new thing. License expires on your birthday, not the last day of your birth month. That was a big surprise for me. At least he didn't give me a ticket, just told me to get it renewed. There is no penalty if renewed within three months. :oops:
Ky went the other way. At one time it was the end of your birth month, then on your birthday.
Now it's one month past your birthday. If you were born Jan.15 renew by Feb.15. :?

·
Registered
42 Posts
earlier this month there was a story in the paper about a man here who was stopped by the police for doing 50kph in a 30kph school zone
after checking his license the officer let him off with a warning
the driver was 100 years old and had a spotless driving record

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
$75 later, I legal again!!!!Missed 2 on the written test, got 2 points taken off of the driving test for "running a red light". (I think the instructor needs glasses, theres no way that light had turned red before I got to it!) And what happens on my way home from work today...........license check!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
SC is like most every other state. They need people workin', buyin' gas, and payin' taxes. The way the court system is backing up, I think many crimes go unpunished. :? :roll:

·
Registered
906 Posts
When I worked at the City radio shop we kept a scanner on at all times. Over half the drivers stopped for a violation had a suspended license.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, in SC, at least up here, if the light is yellow, and you dont stop, youve just ran a red light!!. What I did, at least Im convinced of it, was I went across the "white line" as the light turned yellow, although I did slow down in case it did change, just for the inspector. I guess she was looking out for that sort of thing!

·
-Willy-
1,420 Posts
Be grateful you only have to do it in a personal vehicle.

The tractor trailer test begins with a straight back (back up 120' in a 10 foot wide corridor), then you pull up and do a lane change (same corridor except now you move over 10 feet). Now you do the parallel parking, except the limitation is that you can not exceed the walls (10 feet apart). Easy in a day cab, nuts with a sleeper and a 53 foot trailer. Then you pull off and have to do a right angle alley dock (not so bad with a real building). Mind you this is just the parking lot area of the test. Some states require you to do a figure eight in reverse!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts