Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Promised the grandson would build him a table to sell at a fund raiser the boy scouts were having. Gathered up some scrapwood and got it roughed in and realized needed some paper so ran over to the local Walmart,first mistake, was in a hurry so grabbed and ran. got home started to get ready to sand and realizes it seemed to be a little small for the sander but thought maybe I had miss cut then realized it was really thin and as soon as I started to sand wanted to tear,looked at it again and big letters made in China!!!GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!ran over to ACE got some good USA paper got back to work. Thanks for letting me vent. Teach me to look before I buy!!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Getting harder to find "made in the USA" any more! I'm with you Mike, don't really need cheap junk. Actually costs more in the long run!

·
Super Moderator
7,927 Posts
Mike, maybe ifn you had used Chinese wood, the foreign sandpaper woulda worked better :!: :roll: :shock: :(

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bikerdave said:
Getting harder to find "made in the USA" any more! I'm with you Mike, don't really need cheap junk. Actually costs more in the long run!
Couple yrs back decided to buy only USA made got a real shock when i realized that was next to impossible!!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Stephenscity said:
bikerdave said:
Couple yrs back decided to buy only USA made got a real shock when i realized that was next to impossible!!
Mike, I to like you want only USA made things ,but lots of things you can't find. What a person to do when it is something you need ?

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
O'Reilly's auto parts. They usualy offer me parts for 2 different prices. Had them bring both parts out and the cheaper one was marked made in China. more expensive one Made in USA. I will buy made in USA when I can afford it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts