Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time of the year when one sends and receives Christmas cards. There is alway a short note for the people we don't see very often on what their last year was like. Some get carried away with the short notes. This year a friend of Diane's sent a short story, 4 pages long. While some of it was ineresting, reading about their first grandchilds potty training in detail was a little overboard

·
Super Moderator
7,748 Posts
Our card list grows shorter each year. Some folks have passed, and the younger folks do not send them like their parents did. Miss Joanne keeps a record from whom we get a card and to whom we send one.

The surprises that come make it worthwhile. We had two surprise cards today. One of them had a pic of Joanne's dad inside. It made her day.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I always liked getting Christmas cards. Like yall, we get fewer each year.
We used to get enough cards to decorate the door facing going from the kitchen into the living room from across the top to the floor on both sides, now its lucky if we have enough to just go across the top.

·
Super Moderator
7,748 Posts
When young I remember my mom saving them each year. She would cut the pics or scenes from the front of the cards and use them as gift tags after wrapping.

·
Super Moderator
1,485 Posts
When young I remember my mom saving them each year. She would cut the pics or scenes from the front of the cards and use them as gift tags after wrapping.
I remember cutting out the pics on the cards to stick on the cover of my school exercise books, many moons ago.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I know what you mean about getting carried away. My wife sends a letter with cards and its a bit wordy. Seems that all the cards we get are from the businesses that we deal with.

·
Administrator
3,899 Posts
......................We used to get enough cards to decorate the door facing going from the kitchen into the living room from across the top to the floor on both sides, now its lucky if we have enough to just go across the top.
That's what Mom always did with them.
I enjoy sending cards, let's folks know that you're thinking about them.
Though some years Christmas sneaks up on me and I don't get the chance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts