Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a new clutch,pressure plate and bearing 2 times and I get the same results. I cannot get into gear while running. I have about 1 inch freeplay in the pedal and it appears to disengage the pressure plate. My tractor is a 1953 farmall super c When running it just wants to grind the gears when trying to put into any gear. Help Please

· Registered
15 Posts
Hello.

First, do you have a repair manual? If not, you can usually find one to download on these forums.
Second, assuming the clutch disk, flywheel and linkage is functioning, it sounds like the fingers that push the pad away from flywheel aren’t functioning. I had a pickup that had that problem.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello.

First, do you have a repair manual? If not, you can usually find one to download on these forums.
Second, assuming the clutch disk, flywheel and linkage is functioning, it sounds like the fingers that push the pad away from flywheel aren’t functioning. I had a pickup that had that problem.
I think it's because I did not tap in the tube that holds the throw out bearing tight enough. Your thoughts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts