Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The clutch on my 66 Ford 2000 would not disengage , i adjusted it as per manual and it was a bit better so i set the pedal higher and it worked great for a while and now nothing again. Any suggestions or advise would be appreciated. Paul

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
leave it blocked overnight and check it again. ps.. don't remove all freeplay or the lil fingers will wear off!

if after leaving blocked all night it is better.. you may have a bit of an oily clutch.. plan on blocking it when not in use. and check the weep hole witht he cotter pin at the bottom of the bellhousing.. make sure it is open to drain.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried blocking clutch overnight but it was -15c (+5f) out, still didn't work so it is now in the shop with the block in. We will see what happens.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
rig up a trans neuitral safety bypass wire and set in the seat, fuel off, brakes locked, and in high gear/range.. have a pto load on it and pto engaged if you can.

just keep bumping engine over .. one bump at a time.. .. keep clutch blocked the entire time.

you will feel it lurch each time you bump it. generally they will pop free..

post back

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just to be clear i use the tractor almost daily, I isnt stuck from sitting, Seemed to work for a bit after i tightened the linkage but not for long.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried bumping as soundguy suggested nothing, it has been in a warm shop clutch blocked , nothing. The pedal doesnt seem to have enough travel anymoe to disengage clutch. Read somewear there could be a bolt sheared off? sound familiar anyone?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
make sur ethat when you press the pedal that the shaft going into the bellhousing is actually turning.

past that.. may be time to pull the steering box for a looksee

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Checked the cross shaft and it is rotating both sides. I thought i would need to split the tractor to get a look. If i pull the steering box can i get at the linkage?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
looks like one is missing 2 are very worn, could this be my issue, do i need to split ? i am most of the way there now, any suggestions? if i do split is it worth changing clutch, throw out bearing, seals etc...? Paul

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
looks like freeplay setting was possibly incorrect..

probably getting no clutching movement witht he wear. actuate it manually and see.

G

·
paulatcrag said:
Thanks Petra i couldnt figure out how to post the pics or find the correct size
When your looking at the picture on Photobucket, left click under it where it says "IMG". When you do that you'll see it says "copied". Then come here, right click and choose "paste".
Good luck.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts