Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a two bottom Cockshutt trip plough that doesn't have any points on it. Where do I measure on the plough to know the size for the points or would they all be the same? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Measure from the center of one beam to the center of the other beam. Should be 12",14" or 16". Some plows are 18" but not a lot of the old plows....James

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do I need that measurement to order points?

·
Registered
449 Posts
It does give you the size. I don't know much about Cockshutt plows, whether they used the same size points for say, 14" and 16" plows. Also don't know if the plow was built by someone else or if someone else sold the same plow. Coop and Cockshutt shared tractor models, maybe equipment also. I pulled a 2-14" Cockshutt plow with an Allis Chalmers model M crawler for a few years way back in the 60's but never bought any parts for it. I had the local blacksmith rework the shares once. He added new points and drew out the bottom, making them sharper and also made the plow suck in better. I don't remember any Cockshutt dealer around me, at all. Coop tractor dealer was at Rickreall for a while, but they started selling Massey's in the 50's....James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts