Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get one of my B's going sooner then later and each tractor has its set back at the moment.

What can I use in place of a 10X36 tire? Its so old and such an old design tire I am surprised to be able to read the size

Will a DLTX67 work in place of a DLTX10?

Will a WICO X work in place of a WICO C?

What is used for the upper radiator pipe out of the radiator top?

What can I use for a replacement 39 muffler replacement because that muffler is hard to get apparently? I have a glasspack blank ordered up but I am having my doubts about it.

any advise for starting up a tractor this old and been sitting for such a long time? grandpa bought it in the 80's from a friend from an auction and it has never been running since before the purchase

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheapest muffler I could find for a 39-40 was $115

I also need the exhaust pipe for this too. I think fleetfarm has that for $28

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
I see you said fleetfarm. are you in the Wisconsin area? ive gota fleet muffler I bought new a couple years ago and never used. as far as the ext pipe goes you can go to your local auto muffler shop and have them bend ya one up for less money then buyin one

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
i personally like to straight pipe a JD.. I have one on mine.

however.. stanley makes some cheap mufflers.. adn they are inexpensive too :) I believe there is a MF stanly muffler that will fit that large out pipe on a JD

as far as what to do on an oldy been setting?

I pull the plugs and fil the cyls with atf and thread plugs in loosly to keep dirt out.. let set a day.

take plugs out and bar it over by hand a bit.. then refill with atf.. and let set again.. etc. bar it over a lil each day for a couple days.. remembering to pul and repalce plugs each toime. after a couple days of theis.. if it bars over ok.. i'd change the oil and that darn hard to get to filter. if oil is dirty or watery.. buy a couple filters.. buy cheapest oil you can.. run her with cheap oil and atf dex 3 .. run 1 change as a flush

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I filled the cylinders with pb blaster and motor oil and turn them over twice a week. It turns good now. I got the mag and carb off and rebuilding them.

How long can antifreeze sit before its bad? It smells terrible.

I got lots of cheap oil and atf and filters for $3 each.

Should attempt to get it going late next week once the upper hose is fixed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts