Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of the early fields of corn look like they should in early October not early August. Ears are turned down already, stauk(spelling) are brown and laying over, lots of cobs but not many kernels, if any.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm in Clinton county Ohio, on the last drought map that I saw Clinton and Highland county is in a below average rainfall. The rest of the sate is in drought or servere drought condition. We only plant enough corn start about 60 head of feeder calves and it takes about 1000 Bu. ear corn. Looked at the corn Monday and some stalks have big full ears some very small ears and some small and only half filled out and some no ears at all. So I don't think filling the 1200Bu. crib is going to happen. The soybeans here look like they will do ok, I had 2in. last week over 3 the week before, hope everyone had ins. this year.....mike

·
Super Moderator
7,861 Posts
I am beginning to think that enough rain over the fall and winter to replenish soil moisture and repair pastures and hayfields and create conditions for a good season next year is the best thing that can happen to farmers. It's not time to give up on beans though, and hope bean growers get some beneficial rain soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts