Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was on the way back from Savannah and decided to take a side way through SC cotton field area. Was hoping to see them picking but thought the fields were worth taking a couple pics of.

Had bad timing seemed either they were already picked or not ready yet. Still a beautiful drive!!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,628 Posts
It will soon be picking time. A defoliant to make the leaves drop is often used. If you are traveling northward from SC and coming anywhere near Greensboro or Winston-Salem I'll be disappointed ifn you don't let me know.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim already home but tried to find your phone number with no luck. Our last night was in Jonesville and I knew that was close to you but didn,t know how to get in touch. We have got to get together soon though.
Couldn't find ya in the phone books where we were.

·
Super Moderator
8,628 Posts
Jonesville is just less than an hour away. Sorry we missed ya! A PM woulda got me. I usually check in here at least 3 times a day if all is ok. Yall musta had a rite long trip. :D

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Mike you and Ann do need to meet Jim & JoAnn They are a joy to meet. Joann a sweet beautiful lady
With beautiful hair . Jim has a good help mate .

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep when we got home was about 2000 miles on the ford. Didn't know where we were stopping for the night on the way home and when we stopped at jonesville the hotel had no wifi, searched the phone books but had no luck. Sorry but hope to get in that area again soon.Realized I don't have a phone # for you.Just email.

·
Super Moderator
8,628 Posts
I'll fix it. :D

·
Registered
926 Posts
Thanks for the foto; cotton here didn't make it again; may be a little in the surrounding counties; but not much from this county. Better and wetter times are coming; we just don't know when. Most of the cotton here is the shorter staple stripper cotton as the water or rain conditions dictate that. Over in Jackson county when the water's availible from Lake Lugert theres a few thousand acres of pikker cotton raised. Hasn't been any picker cotton made it there in the last two years at least. Last time i heard Long staple expences there require a 3&1/2 bale average for breaking even. We jokingly call it snowbank cotton. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts