Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a church function and spoke to a friend from town who was telling me about his new chickens and that he wanted to give them some cracked corn. He had whole corn that his wife and him were cracking by using a hammer on the concrete floor of the garage. I told him to come over and I would hook up the row crop to my old new holland burr mill. We made short work of it and he was impress with the old technology.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
i'd love to get some kind of a feed or tub grinder for making my own feed one day.

love that rowcrop ya got there!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I know the terms but that is all. I am assuming cracked corn is broken or partially rolled? Is this to help with digestion?

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Looks good Kirk. That's the first time I've seen the belt pulley setup on a Ford like that and it looks like it works good. I bet they were tickled to get the corn ground that quick to. I like the burr mill to looks like a good rig all around. I really like seeing different setups and equipment working.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
I'm a little bit late chiming in on this as I've just found this post - but that is really cool. I would say that your friend found it especially cool whenever he didn't have to resort to the hammer again. Thanks for putting this up, it's not something that everybody gets to see every day. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts