Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of C's and H's and we would like to get ahold of one or the other but it there much difference beyween them and an A and M? My A had a snow plow on the front run off a seperate hyd pump and I know I can still get a hold of a plow and I have part of the cults. My M has a 3 point so if I ever need to do any bush hogging and such it will work for me, would buying a C or H just be for novelty or could they be used in a practical manner better than the two I already have? Benefits????

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4020 forever said:
Benefits: One more to cherish and putt around on ;)
Negatives: none
:lol: I like your thinking! :lol:

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Hs and Cs are wonderful cultivating tractors, and thats about all we ever used them for, or pulling a cultipacker. They are just plain too slow, for me anyways, to do any serious plowing etc. (Im comparing this to my Ms) The one advantage of the C over the A is the hydraulics.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
i have a C and an H.. the c is a bit more than an a.. slightly different too.. and the M is more than an H.

both very good / fun tractors.

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
The Cs and As used the same engine I believe. Rear tires would be more expensive as you went to bigger tractors.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jim in NC said:
The Cs and As used the same engine I believe. Rear tires would be more expensive as you went to bigger tractors.
Tire prices ae insane! I was so lucky to find some 11.2x24's for our A last year, 6 plys in great shape for 75 bucks. The M had good tires on it front an back. Shame when tire prices can be half as much as the tractor price or MORE :shock: :roll:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
i saw a 49h about 13ys ago that I wanted.. had a woods belly mower on it.. they wanted 2650 for it.. for some stupid reason I passed.. decided I wanted it.. came back days later and they let it go for 1800$ :(

wanted one since then.,

found a 44h in great condition a while back.. needed some leaks chased.. electrical work. a lil paiting and wheel weights.. etc..

tires are bad but hold air..

·
Registered
98 Posts
We use a C to rake hay with, and an H to cut the hay. I keep a Super C on my place for garden work, and tending to some odd pulling chores that are just too much for my truck. The C's have a tighter turning radius than the H's or M's I've known and used, and with just a little weight added the C would do about 85% of what an M can do, just slower. I can't say how they compare to the A's.

·
Registered
926 Posts
DerickS said:
Jim in NC said:
Tire prices ae insane! I was so lucky to find some 11.2x24's for our A last year, 6 plys in great shape for 75 bucks. The M had good tires on it front an back. Shame when tire prices can be half as much as the tractor price or MORE :shock: :roll:
I am going to have to purchase some tires for some of mine also; am not liking the prices i am finding on the rears. Decent used ones are very hard to find out here. Guess i will just halfta grin n bearit and buy some new oes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a C and it feels kind of under powered. I have two super C's and they feel just as powerful as my H if not more. I'll sell you a Super C :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
i love H's a old man down the road has had one sitting in his field ever since i can remember and ive been telling myself for years im gonna stop and see if he wants to get rid of it and never did drove by the other day tractor was gone i was devasted and so mad at myself a friend of mine got a H gave to him for bushhogging someone field which took about an hour

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Faster346 said:
I have a C and it feels kind of under powered. I have two super C's and they feel just as powerful as my H if not more. I'll sell you a Super C :)

due to their lack of weight.. even if a souped up s-c did have more hp than a tired H.. the h would likely still drag more....

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The C and H issue will still be up for debate and since I picked up a Ford this weekend they will be out of my financial reach. One day I will have one or the other ;)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My girls love it and my oldest(7) took her first solo ride on a foot clutch tractor with it on Saturday :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts