Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go :shock:
Went and picked this tractor up for a friend, drove it on the trailer no problems. 10 feet and very little throttle
He got it for a good price since the olil looked like gravey :lol:
I pulled the motor tore it down to find the water problem ONLY to find the thrust main cap broke and the bearing spun :(

Should I look for a different block? Or just a main cap and have it line bored?
Crank needs ground too but If I need a block I might as well get a crank too :?: :?:

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Just my opinion but I'd probably try and find a block with crank. If you could find a good one it would probably be cheaper in the long run.

·
Administrator
4,347 Posts
I would price each and do what's cheapest. A well done repair is as good as new, and a used block wouldn't be hard to find.
Those 226 engines didn't change much in the bottom end from the beginning on the WD45s 'till their end on the 175s.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
gordon1121 said:
Just my opinion but I'd probably try and find a block with crank. If you could find a good one it would probably be cheaper in the long run.

i 2nd this. and with no cracks to be repaired you'll never 2nd gess yourself if the fix will hold.granted blocks and heads can be welded and repaired but when theres so many of these blocks foatin around the countryside why fix a crack when you could have one that wasnt. now if there wasnt any parts avaible then a wld/repair would be ok cuzz that'd be the only way to get it runnin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts