Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
-Willy-
1,420 Posts
I see several problems in what you have there. It appears there is no rear seal on the end of that wheel. So you have no way to keep that bearing from drying out. I suggest buying a "bearing buddy". It is a cap for the end of the wheel that allows the owner to fill the bearings with grease with out disassembly. I also suggest you learn how to hand pack your bearings. Smearing grease around the outside doesnt work the grease in where the grease needs to be. Watch the attached vid.
The other thing is the tire that is on that rim is NOT highway rated. That is a 2-3 ply lawn tire not recommended for highway speeds. A suitable highway tire is recommended! Otherwise no matter how much grease you have, that lawn tire will fall apart at highway speeds.

·
Machines Lover from Finla
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see several problems in what you have there. It appears there is no rear seal on the end of that wheel. So you have no way to keep that bearing from drying out. I suggest buying a "bearing buddy". It is a cap for the end of the wheel that allows the owner to fill the bearings with grease with out disassembly. I also suggest you learn how to hand pack your bearings. Smearing grease around the outside doesnt work the grease in where the grease needs to be. Watch the attached vid.
The other thing is the tire that is on that rim is NOT highway rated. That is a 2-3 ply lawn tire not recommended for highway speeds. A suitable highway tire is recommended! Otherwise no matter how much grease you have, that lawn tire will fall apart at highway speeds.
Thank You,

Actually they are rear seals in end of the wheels, You not see in this video clearly but I add quite a lot grease in bearings, still is huge improvement because before there was no grease at all and that's why My bearings are ruined..

In those tires, You are correct those maybe not are meant to highway speeds but I cone tow this machine future on My tractor.
But that tires are thing what everybody how owns and tow this kind backhoe on road should to know. !!!

·
-Willy-
1,420 Posts
I think you missed one of my recommendations. To install Bearing Buddies. These will help insure the axle will have grease, and make it very easy to keep greased with out future disassembly.

·
Machines Lover from Finla
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you missed one of my recommendations. To install Bearing Buddies. These will help insure the axle will have grease, and make it very easy to keep greased with out future disassembly.
I notice that, than You but in future I going to add grease nipple on wheels centre and that do the job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts