Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just about done restoring my barn find. I have know idea what year it is! I am guessing 1942 ??
The young kid I bought it from said it was his Grandfathers and thats all he knew. It has a Wico X mag ( XH1042 serial # 336790 US pat.# 2431547) and a Scebler carb (DLTX). If they are original. Any help would be greatly appropriated. here are some pics.
Thank you
John
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
I would guess it right in there somewhere about what you estimated. I tried really hard to look at the frame. If the frame is steel, I would guess it between 39 and 42. If the frame is cast iron, then 1943 to a couple years later. I am guessing the tractors serial tag is long lost. There's a lot of information out there on the letter series john deeres, so don't give up. You will eventually find what you want to know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would guess it right in there somewhere about what you estimated. I tried really hard to look at the frame. If the frame is steel, I would guess it between 39 and 42. If the frame is cast iron, then 1943 to a couple years later. I am guessing the tractors serial tag is long lost. There's a lot of information out there on the letter series john deeres, so don't give up. You will eventually find what you want to know.
Thanks R.J. It is so frustrating. I cant believe there is not a number on the engine or frame to correspond with the serial #.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have know idea what year it is! I am guessing 1942

Take a look at the photo below of "Uncle Earl" our 39B.
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Note the 4-speed gearshift and unstyled brakes.
These are two unique features of the 39 and 40 Styled B tractors.
Take a look at the GEAR SHIFT diagram below.
Font Line Parallel Auto part Engineering

Note the gear shift quadrant (Key 3).
This is a 6-speed gear shift quadrant designed for 41-47 Model B tractors.
Take a look at the FRONT END SUPPORT AND TOOL BOX diagram below.
Rectangle Schematic Font Parallel Slope

Note the front end support (cast-iron) part number B 2013 R.
Unfortunately, I do not know the location of the part number on the frame.
Take a look at the information below.
Font Material property Parallel Number Document

The cast iron frames were designed for 42-45 Model B tractors.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
James, what great looking B.
Thanks so much. I to have been looking at all the years and parts diagram to determine the year. Thats why I think 42-43ish. Again thank for the info and help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts