Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My daughter came out today with her drone while we were plowing and made this video

·
Registered
228 Posts
Great video but where did that John Deere come from.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Those drones make some nice videos. Looks like you guys had fun plowing.

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great video but where did that John Deere come from.

It was my dads for parades

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes we did!

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
In the clip with the two-bottoms it looks like you were zipping around in 4th gear.... !!!! The rest of the video they looked to be running slower, like 3rd. Some good looking soil up that way for sure. Drones are an amazing invention.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Very good footage! She did a great job following your plowing! I like the shots of the tractors working and the soil being turned over!
Regards,
Chris

·
Super Moderator
8,687 Posts
I really enjoyed the videos too. Your Ollie and plow look very much like a model from above and are doing such pretty work. It's scary to think of the future potential of drones.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I really enjoyed the videos too. Your Ollie and plow look very much like a model from above and are doing such pretty work. It's scary to think of the future potential of drones.
Jim a lot of farmers here on big farms that are steep and rough use them to check on sheep
and cattle,make sure everything is ok a big saving as they only have to go if they spot something wrong.

·
Super Moderator
8,687 Posts
I have no doubt that they can be a very useful tool, but like so much of the technology we have these days they have unlimited potential.

·
Administrator
4,473 Posts
There was an incident around my area where a fella shot one down. Some pervert was hovering it over his back yard where his two teenage daughters were in the swimming pool. The guy got arrested for wanton endangerment for discharging a firearm inside city limits.
Hasn't gone to court yet, but the majority of the public opinion, as well as mine, is on the side of the guy who shot it down.

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In the clip with the two-bottoms it looks like you were zipping around in 4th gear.... !!!! The rest of the video they looked to be running slower, like 3rd. Some good looking soil up that way for sure. Drones are an amazing invention.
yes my son was in 4th until i caught up with him. I guess he was wanting to gooooooooo He'd been on a 530 puttin around earlier

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There was an incident around my area where a fella shot one down. Some pervert was hovering it over his back yard where his two teenage daughters were in the swimming pool. The guy got arrested for wanton endangerment for discharging a firearm inside city limits.
Hasn't gone to court yet, but the majority of the public opinion, as well as mine, is on the side of the guy who shot it down.
just like everything, there are people who misuse things for they're own pleasure , which in that circumstance, i think is totally wrong.

Not like when i was in the national guard flying huey's over beaches hahahaa

1 - 17 of 17 Posts