Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bayer, the global chemical company, is manufacturing a chemical that new evidence shows is killing off bees. The global die-off of bees represents an enormous danger to the planet. 30% of our crops -- and 90% of wild plants -- rely on bees to thrive. Without bees, our entire global food supply is in serious trouble.

Bayer has paid for biased research that “proves” its chemical isn’t a problem. But now independent scientists in Europe has discovered that Bayer’s chemical is a high risk to bees.

The chances are high that most of us reading this email have bought a Bayer product at least once. It makes everything from Alka-Seltzer to Berocca to flea treatments for pets. Bayer knows that it needs to keep its customers happy. If it realises that its customers are up in the arms about the European research findings that show their chemical is killing bees, it will have to put its chemical from the market.

·
Super Moderator
8,584 Posts
What is the chemical's name? I'll ask my brother, who's a chemist, about it.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Yes my sis and brother in law keep bee's and they have mentioned this before!

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
I've heard it blamed on the neonicatinoids made by many different companies. they are a nicotine derivative pesticide.

·
Registered
926 Posts
This is sort of an ironicle twist; before daylight this morning i read an article on Yahoo that claimed Bee venom and some wasp venoms are being used in laboratories as a possible new cure. According to the article, some of the enzymes in these venoms have the potential to be a cure for the HIV virus. Even without a cure such as this bees are definately one of our most important allies in the animal kingdom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts