Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Guess they're genetically produces in a labratory by some scientist who work for the FDA who says they're MUCH SAFER to eat than the ones God gave us :? :? Just a thought. Otherwise I have no clue :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
A good percentage of the potential watermelon customers I have ask If my melons are seedless :?: My standard answer is "no, because I cannot buy seedless watermelon seeds." :!: :shock: Some get it, and some give me the deere in the headlight look, then they figure it out. Kinda like my jar of pickle. I have been told that seedless melons are crossed in the field. One variety used is the Crimson Sweet. I do not know how the cross pollenation is carried out.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gosh guys I started this as a fun joking kinda thing but here is how you produce the seedless melon.

To get fruit, the seedless watermelon (called triploids) must be grown next to the regular watermelon (called diploid). The seedless watermelon is sterile and unable to pollinate by itself. Therefore, the regular watermelon assists in the pollination process for the seedless watermelon to get fruit.

Over my head but if anyone really was interested

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

G

·
0 Posts
Mike, you should know by now that all of us on ATF are serious. No joking around here.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
petra79 said:
Mike, you should know by now that all of us on ATF are serious. No joking around here.
RON IS RIGHT we never mess up someone serious post ,no joking around here . We hardly ever even smile about things. Nothing to talk about but the weather and that nothing to laugh about for sure. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

G

·
0 Posts
Stephenscity said:
I know and I just thought I'd break my serious streak and make a joke didn't want you all to think I was an old stick in the mud :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not a problem Mike, just don't over do it - - OK :|

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
petra79 said:
Stephenscity said:
I know and I just thought I'd break my serious streak and make a joke didn't want you all to think I was an old stick in the mud :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
OK; I"M SORRY;WILL BE GOOD; DON"T FUSS AT ME; TRY TO DO BETTER; WILL BE GOOD BOY;PLEASE DON"T SICK BETTY ON ME!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

G

·
0 Posts
Stephenscity said:
petra79 said:
Stephenscity said:
OK; I"M SORRY;WILL BE GOOD; DON"T FUSS AT ME; TRY TO DO BETTER; WILL BE GOOD BOY;PLEASE DON"T SICK BETTY ON ME!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't sick nobody on anybody. If Betty comes at ya its a vengence you brought on yourself SIR :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Mike you could never be a stick in the mud. :lol: :lol: Not you ?? You do keep us guessing what is coming next :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: :? :?

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
I guess the absence of seeds also takes away their taste. I have never tasted a seedless one that was as good as a seeded one. At the local cafeteria, they serve Crimson Sweet melons, a seeded variety.

G

·
0 Posts
Jim in NC said:
I guess the absence of seeds also takes away their taste. I have never tasted a seedless one that was as good as a seeded one. At the local cafeteria, they serve Crimson Sweet melons, a seeded variety.
Think I have to agree Jim. I do like the flavor of the seeded ones better as well.

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
bettyp said:
Mike you could never be a stick in the mud. :lol: :lol: Not you ?? You do keep us guessing what is coming next :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: :? :?
Presently, at most, Mike could be only a stick in the dust :!: :lol:

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
The reason they are so expensive is they cross 2 types and save the seed and then grow them and cross them with a third type. (also known as triploid)
If its flavor you are after try a seeded type called Yellow Doll. They are small, the earliest I know of and the sweetest. They are Yellow inside and a hard sell here.

·
Administrator
3,955 Posts
Jim in NC said:
You said it Jim, most taste like they're mixed with a cucumber to me. Crimson Sweet is a good melon.
But, anyway I'll stick with my little sweet Sugar Babys, or as my bride calls them, "green bowling ball melons".

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
BigDaveinKY said:
Jim in NC said:
You said it Jim, most taste like they're mixed with a cucumber to me. Crimson Sweet is a good melon.
But, anyway I'll stick with my little sweet Sugar Babys, or as my bride calls them, "green bowling ball melons".

That's a pretty good description Dave. They have a flat taste, almost as if they have been off the vine for too long. Come to think of they have due to shipping time. But the retailers and marketeers have convinced the consuming public, mostly city folks, that the inconvenience of having to spit seeds out- weighs the taste.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts