Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an extra "cup" for the bottom of a Super A air cleaner. I have a SA in need of one. Maybe Steiner? There's not much hope in looking at the tractor's former home. Things were cleaned up pretty good yesterday.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Steiners shows one, Wengers shows one, Im sure others have them. Let me check with a buddy, he may have one if he hasnt hauled the remants of a SA off tothe scraper yet.

·
Super Moderator
8,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John M said:
Steiners shows one, Wengers shows one, Im sure others have them. Let me check with a buddy, he may have one if he hasnt hauled the remants of a SA off tothe scraper yet.
Thanks John :!: ;)

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Called him and he said he does have one, go over there and he told me to go get it, get out there no cup! Go back to his house he said it was there, so we went back and he pulled off the cap and said here ya go. I told him I said CUP not CAP. Poor guy, hes getting so old now he cant hear too good. Hes 93 and still gets out and works on tractors! Hes been my mentor since Dad died, but he taught Dad alot, who in turn taught me, so his knowledge isnt lost. This guy used to work for IH up until the late 60s when he moved down here to sell IHs. He did that for 20 years when he retired and sold the business. Its a shame because the business is now closed. In fact, there are some pics in the IH archives with him in it.

·
Super Moderator
8,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your friend was truly dedicated to IH! Thanks for trying John. I'll look around for a few days. I remembered one neighbor that I can all, but If I have no luck, I'll order one. There are no boneyards close to me, and by the time I take a half day to go to one, the expense cannot be justified.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Theres some guys outside Winston Salem, Neil and Phil Phishel, I think is how its spelled, They may have one laying around or something. I know they use to buy parts tractors to fix up their own and sell the rest for parts. Might be worth investigating them. Couple of nice guys. They come down here for one of our local shows every year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts