Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local Craig's list ad for a trector that's been sitting for 2 years. Ad states that to get tractor running, you need to bring along an air compressor to air up the tire and battery :eek: . And all these years I've been using jumper cables on batteries. Never thought about airing it up first :D .

·
Super Moderator
7,868 Posts
Dose that apply to cars? :idea: :?: :shock: :eek: I just fixed one week before last the wrong way :!: :arrow: :roll: :? ;)

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
In all seriousness, theres a company that comes in to my warehouse that has air powered starters on their trucks! I asked the driver one day what happenes if he lost all the air in the tanks, they carry one of those cigarette lighter pumps, and of all things a bicycle pump, just in case.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those air starter were on some trucks in the 60. Worked at a truck stop and drivers would shut off the trucks on Friday nite and could get them to turn over Sunday nite. We had a gas engine powered air compressor on the company truck and we would just go down the line airing up the ones with air starters.

·
Super Moderator
7,868 Posts
Them air starters would probably work everytime in Washington, D.C. :!: :lol:

·
Registered
926 Posts
Jim in NC said:
Them air starters would probably work everytime in Washington, D.C. :!: :lol:
Aint that the truth :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: DCdoesn't need any starters but air starters

1 - 11 of 11 Posts