Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,920 Posts
Some of it appears to have perished. Like you I am surprised given the toughness of tobacco, and the contrast with the beans in the background. It almost makes me wonder if the baccer has has some sort of chemical injury.

·
Super Moderator
8,920 Posts
Including our bad storm Tuesday before last we have had 8 inches of rain over 12 days. Gardens are drowning. Watermelons and cantelopes are splitting in the field. Grass and morning glories taking everything. Farming being feast or famine is on display here.

·
Super Moderator
8,920 Posts
I hope the farmer has good insurance. My guess is even if one could top it as late as Sept. 1, it would not mature enuff to cut before a possible frost up your way. It's hard to tell, but is a good stand there? I remember a couple dry years when us and other area growers did not get finished topping until about Sept. 1. We were pushing the weather timelines here too. People here did not get their crop in until the second or third week of October and one of the largest farmers close by finished after the first of November.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts