Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the new levers for the Quadrant How do you remove the old levers off the front cover I have a 1949 JD MT40

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the new levers for the Quadrant How do you remove the old levers off the front cover I have a 1949 JD MT40
stykemainb I have read your work on the m/t quadrant lever and parts I bought a 51 m/t to have a work project and I found a lot of work to do on it. I took of the quadrant covers and found nothing inside but the levers . I would like to know if and where you found the parts you needed. I live I northern mich and would to talk with you about your work on this project I think my tractor has been sitting outside for many years and many problems I have been working on my name john and hope to hear from you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
stykemainb I have read your work on the m/t quadrant lever and parts I bought a 51 m/t to have a work project and I found a lot of work to do on it. I took of the quadrant covers and found nothing inside but the levers . I would like to know if and where you found the parts you needed. I live I northern mich and would to talk with you about your work on this project I think my tractor has been sitting outside for many years and many problems I have been working on my name john and hope to hear from you.
you must remove the front section of the quadrant from the valve body and use a long slim punch with a 1/8 inch tip and reach down into the quadrant and push out a pin that holds the linkage to the lever shafts not a easy job but it can be done there is what they call retainers and seals to come out the trick is to get and replace the seals on the sides under the retainers to stop any oil leaks. get in touch with me jr.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts