Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always try to put the early garden out around ST. Patrick's day. Saturday ground was still to wet to work. Rain started Saturday night, rain continued through this morning. So far, we've gotten 2.4". Going to be a little bit yet.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I still have faint hope of getting a few early potatos planted the first week of May as I do most years. There is a lot of snow here and no sign of melting yet so it might not work out that way. No worries though. The ones planted the end of May usually turn out just as good, just not as early.

·
Super Moderator
8,534 Posts
We are a month late in planting early stuff also. I am gonna try to get some taters in before the next rain on Saturday. Still need to put out some more cabbage, onions, various greens, and green peas. We are gonna be cold for the next 5 days, and may lay off the seeds until it warms a bit.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We ended up with 2.4" of rain. They're talking about 1-2" of snow this weekend

·
Administrator
4,349 Posts
Just got dry enough here to turn the garden and melon patch Sunday when it was a sunny 73 degrees.
Then that 2+ inches of rain Steve sent came through, and brought another blast of winter with it. :roll:
IF the long range forecast holds true, and we don't get any rain after this weekend, there just might be
a chance I'll get the taters in the ground on Good Friday. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts