Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an Ertl Precision Ford 9N and 2N today at an auction. I got a really good price for both. I'm pleased for the most part, but there is a piece missing from each. The 2N is in great shape. The 9N has a broken front axle (probably dropped), but looks easily fixable. The 2N is missing the battery cover and the 9N is missing the radiator cap. Does anyone know where/if replacement parts can be found? Thanks for any help! :)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Wow, guess I never thought of this....maybe contacting Ertl directly

On another note....Did you out bid me this weekend?!?!?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't really find anything useful on their site. I'm thinking of getting some casting supplies, and make my own resin casts of the parts I do have.

DerickS said:
It was a local auction held online. Depends, what's your number? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
JayC said:
I couldn't really find anything useful on their site. I'm thinking of getting some casting supplies, and make my own resin casts of the parts I do have.

DerickS said:
It was a local auction held online. Depends, what's your number? :mrgreen:
I was gonna ask you the same thing! :shock: Those numbers follow us on their site :lol:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Soooooooooooo bidder 1883 how them Fords looking?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1883 must be somebody else. :shock: :mrgreen:

As for the Fords, I got JB Weld curing in the front axle of the 9N. Hopefully that will keep it in place. The epoxy I tried before didn't really hold. :oops:

I've found a couple websites where I might be able to get some replacement parts. I have to send a couple e-mails out. I'm not too worried about the parts, though. If I can't find the parts I'll cast my own. The hardest part with that would be finding a gray that matches the rest of the model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts