1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Let me add, these do not apply to diesels. If youre missing your tag, use NA in the serial number. (At least it use to work that way)

·
Super Moderator
7,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John, I wonder if the block numbers could be used on the gas models :?: :?:

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
As long as the engine does have one, IH replacement engines didn't, and just the number itself, and not the prefix, it would be ok. Engine prefixes end in M, vs no M on the chassis number.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Jim,

Many thanks for the thread on replacement gas cap. Took less than a week for mine to arrive. It is black. Would you paint it the Farmall red color or leave it black?

·
Super Moderator
7,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whatever you prefer is fine. I have seen them both ways. I am not a purist when it comes to spiffing up these old tractors. I think there are a few things that one can do to make them better. I like good lights and the increased starting power of a 12 volt system. I have two 6 volt tractors, but if I have a generator or regulator to go out, they most likely would be changed. I ordered two gas caps early last week and had them on Friday, 03/18. Works for me too!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I sent for 2 caps for my 400 and 560 and 1 for my brother's 400. Received them a month ago. I ordered them and 2 weeks later I had them.

·
Super Moderator
7,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My results have been similar. They usually come pretty quick.

·
Super Moderator
847 Posts
Many thanks for the thread on replacement gas cap. Took less than a week for mine to arrive. It is black. Would you paint it the Farmall red color or leave it black?
I have left mine black so far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts