Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a 140. I am new to tractor work and want to tear this thing down and replace alot of parts without tearing things up.

I took the waterpump off and need to get the fan off the pump so that I can replace a bolt that holds the waterpump to the block. I removed the 4 screws holding the fan on the pump but the fan will not come off.

Is it stuck because of rust and paint and I just need to get a little rough with it or is there more to it?

·
Registered
658 Posts
If you have the 4 screws out, Id use some wd40,kroil,or any penetrting oil in the center of the fan.
grag opposit sides of the fan and wiggle it up and down. You shouldnt have to get to rough with it :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Soaked it down good with WD40, used a screwdriver and got it off. Thought there might be a nut behind it that I could loosen and remove pulley. Wrong answer again.

Question 2 : is the pulley rusted on and can be removed the same way, or how do you remove pulley?

I plan to replace the water pump and clean everything up before I replace it. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,633 Posts
The pulley should come off, must be rusted on. The same 4 cap screws that hold the fan on holds the pulley on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lubricated it up and let it sit, was able to tap it off. Looks pretty good and tight. I think while I have everything torn down that I might as well have it rebuilt. Can probably buy a new one for $120 but would like to keep the original.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts