Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, I would like to know something about the rims of the Farmall tractors. They were treated in a special way. But witch way?? Were they galvanised or metallization or where they coated with zinc??

I just bought a Farmall BN.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Originally, they were galvinized. They rusted pretty fast too!! I have seen a picture of Cub 501, right off the line with rust already on the rear rims.

·
Administrator
4,347 Posts
Nice project, Good luck with it. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dear, I noticed today that the original engine of the BN has been replaced by an engine of a farmall FC. I was told that the BN doesn't have a waterpump and mine has, just like a Farmall FC.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
The waterpump could have been added. Look below the #1 spark plug for the engine serail number. Should start with FAM if its a B engine, FCM if its a C engine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the engine number starts with FCM, so it has to be the engine of a FC. Is it possible to remover the waterpump and replace it by the piece that is used on the B. Or is there a difference between the front panel of the engine of a FC and a B. Or are there other differences between the engine of a FC and the engine of a B. For exemple difference in piston size??

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
sound slike some interesting turns coming.

never know what you will find on these old beasts.

my C had a kerosene manifold on it.. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
John M; and for what reason do I have to use the waterpump. Can't us use the origingal part for a B engine on this engine?? Is there a difference in piston size between the 2 engine types??

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I checked the manuel and it seems my engine came out a Farmall Super FC, french tractor. And than I think the pistons won't be te same as in a Farmall B. Normally, pistons of a B, C and FC are the same. Super FC are others. But I will check this an other time. Or I can look for another engine. But here it's not so easy to find A of B tractors.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
update

has somebody seen such a weld before on the rear axe??

I had to push everthing out in 1 time, stuck

·
Super Moderator
1,632 Posts
You sure have a 'project' on your hands. :)

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
What'd you do, pull the crank then drive out pistons and sleeves together? I hadn't thought of that option, bt\ut looks like it works. Good project and looking good on the progress.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts