Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Let me add (again), you should set the idle mixture, B, by closing (in) until it smokes lightly, then turn out slowly until it clears up. C can be anywhere from 1/4 turn out to 5 turns, just set a 3 and adjust for your needs.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
badgo said:
That's great - thanks both.
I'll try these out and see how I get on.

Any ideas how the air supply flooding valve operates? From what I can see inside the float chamber its just a hollow tube fitted to the base of the float chamber. Pretty sure it doesn't work as I always get lots of fuel backing up in the air intake pipe. :?
If your getting fuel in the intake, you are eother choking too much when trying to strat it, or your float is set too high. Only moving part insdie that carb is the choke butterfly, and the idle/engine speed butterfly.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Its actaully easier to NOT flood one when cranking with the handcrank. On my Ms, I turn on the gas, then pull the choke rod out, pull up on the crank 3 times, then pull out the switch, push in the choke rod and she usually fires the first pull. Or at least thats how I use to do it, havent done it in years! Would it be possible for you to belt it up to another tractor?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
badgo said:
How do you mean 'belt it up' ?

I have a TE20 which is a reliable runner....

The M will start with a tow no problem - but I kind of consider that cheating ;)

Using another tractor with a belt pulley, and assuming you have one on the M as well, you can run a flat belt from the runner to the M, in short "pullling it off" with the belt pulley attachment.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
badgo said:
Ahh - I see.
No it doesn't have a pulley. I've been looking for one though - don't suppose you know if the stud pattern is universal (eg - would a fordson of similar gae fit?)
No I dont, never really thought that much about!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.