Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s going to be a long one. New member here from eastern Kentucky. I grew up on my dads little cub as a kid thinking I was big stuff putting around the garden. Now being much older and in the need to do some more putting around. I recently bought a super a that was running top notch couldn’t ask for anything better. No comes the problem. Water 🤬 my engine oil is no longer oil. Looks more like white syrup. So I take the head off like anyone without real Knowledge of these tractors would do because I’m thinking blown head gasket. So ok I find dampness between the block and gasket on one side of a piston but no definite blow out of the gasket. It’s ify. No damaged at all to the pistons or the sleeves they look to be fairly new. I’m thinking it has to have been overhauled at some point. Problem #2. One of the head stud bolts was not properly threaded all the way into the block which leads me to a possibility that the head could not have torqued down to spec. Leading to the water problem. This head stud is you could say next to the cylinder with the dampness. I do have a local guy that knows more than I will ever remember about tractors. He is tell me it’s most likely the o-ring on the cylinder sleeve bypassing the water. Any thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated and sorry for such a long post. You may find my name in the local obituary soon. Lol😬

·
Administrator
4,589 Posts
Hello and Welcome from the middle of KY. Could be either, but I would start with the head gasket and make sure it's properly tightened. Since it was obviously loose.

Reactions: Salyer22Ky

·
Super Moderator
8,813 Posts
I agree with Dave. Put a new headgasket on it first and make sure everything is tight. I guess its possible you could have a cracked head or a leaking sleeve seal. Welcome to ATF!

Reactions: Salyer22Ky

·
Super Moderator
1,706 Posts
Welcome to ATF, I'm sure you will get it sorted with help of the guys on here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts