Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since I had chemo I have had boils every so often. 1966 I cut the end off my little finger on right hand and never had any problems till about week ago and it was getting sore. U got it I saw the infection starting to come under the nail so I took a piece of bacon put salt on it and wrapped it around my finger with a bandage and next day it busted and that meat drawed it out and 3 days later it was fine. any one every use fat meat as a drawing medicine?

·
-Willy-
1,420 Posts
My Grampy used to use bacon dripping fat for hand cleaner. Work the lard into your greasy hands, then dish soap to get rid of the lard.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
caseman said:
since I had chemo I have had boils every so often. 1966 I cut the end off my little finger on right hand and never had any problems till about week ago and it was getting sore. U got it I saw the infection starting to come under the nail so I took a piece of bacon put salt on it and wrapped it around my finger with a bandage and next day it busted and that meat drawed it out and 3 days later it was fine. any one every use fat meat as a drawing medicine?
We always used a slice of raw potato to draw out a boil or minor infection... tape it on with some gauze to hold it in place. Turns all black and the spot gets soft and wrinkly and the stuff oozes out.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts

·
Administrator
3,960 Posts
bettyp said:
Yes my Mom used the fat meat a lot she put on where you got a splinter in your bare foot and it was a little to far down to get out . On came the fat meat and about aday it would draw it to the top close enough to get it out.
Mom always used a slice of 'tater for splinters, bee stings, bruses and such. Never heard of using meat fat.

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Used fat meat plenty of times but never taters. Interesting!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts