1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
OC-3 Oliver I think

·
Registered
926 Posts
Guys for strictly smaller use and carrying to an occasional show my personal picks would be the D2 or D4 Cat or a TD-9 McCormick There are a lot of other great picks out there; i am just more comforatable with the Cats. Sure i would love to Own a D8 and 9 Cable Cats as well as A TD24; they just arent practicle at this point. For some reason for a gasser the Cats Twenty Two and Thirty have been a long interest.

·
Registered
926 Posts
soundguy said:
i'll take whatever I can find. :)

I never see one for sale down here.. :)
To my understanding the best locations are in the north and northwest; i have diligently trying to find the info on 3 or 4 yards out in the Texas panhandle as yet with no success. Just in case You may be interested http://www.tractorhouse.com also has heavy equipmet listings. There may be a possibility of finding a crawler within reasonable distance that will work for You. I would love to be able to scrounge out about ten days to do some looking; figure i would come home with what i have been looking for.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i try to keep an eye out when I can.

I have been known to drive a state or 3 or 4 to get a tractor.. :)

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
I agree with ianoz, it would be difficult to decide IF a fellow could only have ONE....personally I'd take a mid-30's Cletrac (I know the style but not the model), and like Gordon a little Cat would work wonders and I even like my little Massey Ferguson 2244 with Drott loader and 3 cylinder Perkins quite a lot. At least there's no flat tires to deal with...

·
Registered
395 Posts
had a hd11 allis loader it was a brute

·
Registered
395 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
well i would take an oliver HG or an OC-6. still i have an hg now so i just need the oc-6 to officially dicide whats my favorite.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts