Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was setting at a stoplight on way to work.. yonger guy looking at his gps rolls into me... I was in my 99 f350 dually.. he in a regular cab f150. my bumper and hitch receiver hit him in the middle of his bumper.

damage to my truck: scuffed the rubber cover that you step on to get in bed

damage to his truck: plastic grill crushed, hood pulled down in front by grill latch. fender bowed in center and dimpled 3" deep, rolled out and in on edges contacting tires.. headlamps and turn signal clusters on both sides look involved as does the entire nose front clip (ouch! )

needless to say my truck didn't even move.. and as for 'bump' I've felt more jostle driving a tractor and hitting a gopher hole with a rear wheel...

glad no real injuries...

·
Administrator
4,349 Posts
Glad no injuries. Just another electronic bauble to keep people's eyes off the road when they're driving. :roll:

G

·
Good thing you didn't have the 850 on the trailer behind you. He'd of been in a whole lot bigger mess.
Yep -I don't like all the toys for drivers to play with.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yup.. enough distractions already out there...

actually.. i think if I would have had a tounge in.. or a trailer on.. i might have had damage as it may have leveraged my hitch down.. as it was.. hiotch/frame and bumper frame was there to equally absorb it all..

G

·
soundguy said:
yup.. enough distractions already out there...

actually.. i think if I would have had a tounge in.. or a trailer on.. i might have had damage as it may have leveraged my hitch down.. as it was.. hiotch/frame and bumper frame was there to equally absorb it all..
Just figured if ya had a trailer on and he did it right, you could have just given him a tow to the nearest body shop :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
he mighta driven right up on if i had my lowbow hitched. it sets low in the rear.. like 6" off pavement when on my 350 due to the 6" body lift.. etc..

·
Super Moderator
1,706 Posts
No injuries is the best news. Glad no one was hurt. He might have learned a lesson I hope. ;)

·
Registered
269 Posts
My daughter got hit from behind by a friend travelling too close coming to stay for a couple of days. I have told both my girls that they are to kill any small animal that runs out in front of them rather than endanger a human but in this case she thought she could brake safely. She was right except for Beth following too close. I have to straighten my Reese ball holder but Beth has a permanent hole in her front bumper. Glad your encounter was as slight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts